June 8, 2020
We are pleased to announce that we are now open to see you and are slowly progressing to a full opening as per the Ontario governments gradual re-opening strategy. We are focussed on minimizing the risk of transmission by following the guidelines set out by Public Health Ontario, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and practicing social distancing. We are now offering non-emergency and non-urgent care.
Dental offices have always followed strict infection prevention protocols but there are some new policies in place to ensure the protection of patients and team members. This is what you can expect:
• COVID -19 pre-screening when you schedule your appointment.
• No walk-ins at this point.
• Text & email reminders will be resuming shortly.
• Appointments will be spaced out to allow physical distancing between patients. This will also allow time for the office to be disinfected between each appointment. This could mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment.
• When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you wait in your vehicle for us to bring you in. Please call the office to let us know you arrived.
• We ask you to bring your own mask or face covering to wear for your visit as personal protective equipment (PPE) supply is challenging. If you forget to bring your own mask or face covering, you will be provided one.
• The day of your appointment a staff member will rescreen you and your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer.
• The waiting room will not be open for everyone. Chairs will be spaced two meters apart. There will be no magazines, toys, or any other non-essential items in the dental office, as these are all difficult to disinfect.
• Patients must wash their hands with a 70 to 90 per cent alcohol-based solution, when they enter and leave the dental office.
• Please come to your appointment alone, if required you may be accompanied by one parent or caregiver. If a parent or caregiver is required, they will also be subject to all screening measures.
• Dental staff will be wearing more protective gear than normal. This includes masks, face shields, and gowns.
• Plan to pay by touchless payment, such as credit card or Interac.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this transition. If your appointment was postponed due to the office closure or if you had previously called the office for emergency, urgent or non-urgent care, please call us to schedule you for your next appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Lin Raimundo & the Parry Sound Family Dentistry Team.